- "Plantar fasciitis – inflammation of a fascia band on the sole of the foot, extending from the heel to the toes.
- Hammertoe - the bending of one or both joints of the second, third, fourth or fifth toe that can be corrected by surgery.
- Sprained ankle – an injury that results when ligaments are stretched beyond their normal range.
- Bunions – firm, fluid-filled pad overlying the inside of the joint at the base of the big toe, usually a result of structural deformity of the great toe bone and joints.
- Achilles tendonitis/tendonosis – persistent pain, tenderness and/or stiffness in the tendon connecting the heel bone to the calf muscle.
- Calluses and corns – thickened skin caused by frequent rubbing or pressure. When the thickened skin is on the bottom of the foot, it's called a callus and when it is on the top, it's called a corn."
Do you suffer from any of these? The article states that about 1 in 6 Americans experience foot problems and 1 in 3 of those experiencing problems seek medical attention for their condition. What's the condition of your feet?