Returning to the community he loves, Dr Gibson brings a wide variety of experience and skills to the American Fork area and Mountain West Foot & Ankle Institute. After being raised in Highland and graduating from American Fork High School, Dr Gibson considers this area his home and is happy to be returning with his family following years abroad.
Dr Gibson graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Science degree, and then received a Masters of Science degree and Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree at Barry University in Miami, Florida. He then underwent extensive training through three years of residency training, one year at Mt. Sinai/Miami Heart Institute in Miami Beach, Florida and two years at VA Puget Sound Health Care System/Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.
Throughout the years of training, Dr Gibson has received unique experience in advanced wound care modalities and specialized diabetic foot care. Dr Gibson has years of helping patients heal wounds using advanced wound care techniques and aggressive wound care treatments. He also has unique experience in treatment modalities for neuropathy of the lower extremity, with some success. Dr Gibson brings this special interest of his, including a membership in the American Diabetes Association (ADA), to facilitating state-of-the-art knowledge and the newest treatment modalities.
The years of training also allowed Dr Gibson significant surgical experience including fracture repair, bunion repair, hammer-toe repair, and many other treatment modalities both surgical and conservative. With this interest, Dr Gibson brings his desire to provide the best care for the patients, with a keen understanding that surgical treatment is a later step in the process of treatment when less aggressive treatments fail to provide the desired results.
During the period of working at Madigan Army Medical Center, Dr Gibson also received significant experience in sports related injuries mummy or pain. Ankle sprains, shin splints, flat feet, stress fractures, heel pain, ingrown toenails and general foot pain were all treated on a regular basis, creating increased knowledge and an increased interest in sports medicine.
Whatever the difficulty with your feet or ankles, Dr Gibson and Mountain West Foot & Ankle Institute are setup to provide quality, state-of-the-art care in a patient friendly environment. Office hours have even been designed to facilitate the busy schedule with early morning, evening and lunch appointments available. Let us help you optimize what you were born with.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) – Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine - May 2001
- Master of Science (MS) – Biomedical Sciences - Barry University- December 1998
- Bachelor of Science (BS) – Brigham Young University – August 1995
- Podiatric Surgical Residency (PSR-12) – Madigan Army Medical Center - June 2004
- Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR) – VAPSHCS – June 2003
- Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR) – Mt. Sinai/Miami Heart Institute – June 2002
- Spanish (some)
- American Sign Language (rudimentary)
Professional Honors & Activities:
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine (ABPOPPM) - June 2009
American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS) - In Process
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) Trained – Dornier MedTech Corporation – Mar 2003
- Federal Research Training Certified – Madigan Army Medical Center/Dept of Defense – Feb 2003
- Award of Excellence in Clinical/Research Work in Diabetic Foot Wound Care – American Board of Medical Specialties in Podiatry (ABMSP) – May 2001
Emergency Medical Technician – Basic – Utah Department of Health – Dec 1995 – Dec 1998
- Software Engineer – Dentrix Dental Systems, Inc.
- Missionary Service – Porto Alegre, Brazil – May 1990 – Jun 1992
- Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America – May 1984 (Active in BSA since that time)
- Soccer Coaching State D License - Jul 2009
- Husband and Father - Where he gets his greatest joy, especially watching the growth of his 11 children.
- APMA – The American Podiatric Medical Association – Member (Jul 1998)
- UPMA – Utah Podiatric Medical Association – Member (Aug 2004)
- ACFAS – American College of Foot & Ankle Surgery – Associate Member (Jan 2005)
- ACFAOM – American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine – Fellow (Jun 2009)
- AAPPM – American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management – Fellow (Mar 2009)
- ADA – The American Diabetes Association – Professional Section Member (Aug 2002)
AAPSM – American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine – Member (Sep 2005)