Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (801) 756-0765
Mountain West Foot & Ankle Institute Mountain West Foot & Ankle Institute
Call Us (801) 756-0765
Fax (801) 756-1405

Co-Insurance

Brandt R Gibson, DPM
Podiatrist, Neuropathy Doctor, Father of 11 and Founder of Mountain West Foot & Ankle Institute
Comments (0)

 

Co-insurance is the amount that the insurance company does not pay, after the deductible has been met.  When a patient has met their deductible, they will still be responsible for a reduced amount when they receive medical services and treatment.  Typically, the insurance will pay a percentage (i.e. 80%) of the charges, and the insured member is responsible for the remaining percentage (i.e. 20%).  Both deductible and co-insurance are considered cost share obligations on applicable insurance plans. Coinsurances have fewer restrictions regarding a ‘write-off' by a doctor.

 

Part of the "Understanding Insurance" series.  

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."

Name:*

Email:* (will not be published)

Message:*

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Agree Privacy Policy *